Soup Quotes!

"All you need is Soup"

"A way to a man's heart is Soup"
"Soup is girl's best friend"
"Soup is love"
"A bowl of Soup a day keeps the Dr. away"

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Soup is girls best friend

Soup is my best friend....

When I make soup, it's like having a $200 therapy session. So whenever I find myself having one of those down days,I'll carry my sad face accross the kitchen floor, look inside the pantry and make myself focus on creating a pot of soup.
Soon, my spirits become uplifted and I begin to feel so much better.
So, I suggest that the next time your feeling down, or even just bored on a rainy afternoon, get your head deep into that pantry and challenge your creativity.

I went into my pantry last week and spotted a can of crushed tomatoes with garlic and basil. Italian!, I said to myself and what kind of soup could be more Italian than basic tortellini. Did I have tortellini? Yes, I had a package of Angie's Tortellini mix in my freezer.

My 20 Minute Tortellini Inspiration

1 large can crushed tomatoes with garlic and basil
1 package Angie's tortellini mix
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups water
1 package frozen Italian vegetables (any variety)
1 large onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 stalk celery (chopped)
4 tbs olive oil
salt & pepper
1 tsp basil flakes
1 tsp parsley flakes
Shreded Pecorino cheese

Saute chopped onion, celery & parsley in olive oil for about 3 minutes.
Add broth, water, tomatoes, tortellini spice mix from package.
Cook for about 5 - min or untill boiling.
Add the tortellini & vegetables, cook for about 10 minutes or untill veg are cooked. Add the parsley flakes and basil, salt & pepper to taste.

Top with shredded Pecorino Cheese for a cheesy kick before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds DELICIOUS!! and I now that it is from experience :) LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete