Soup Quotes!

"All you need is Soup"

"A way to a man's heart is Soup"
"Soup is girl's best friend"
"Soup is love"
"A bowl of Soup a day keeps the Dr. away"

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Carmelina's Chicken Noodle Soup


Hi, Happy Valentine's day! So here is my first recipe on my journey toward the 365 days of soups. It's appropriate to start with the first soup I learned to make as taught to me by my mother "Carmelina". I've made it thousands of times since then for my family. You'll never order chicken noodle soup out again because this is so easy to make. Wish me luck and if you decide to cook along with me let me know how you're doing and I'll add you to the "Soup Kettle Hall of Fame" on this blog.
So let's begin.

1 small onion
1 large clove garlic
1 tspn olive oil
2 stalks celery chopped into slices
1/2 baby carrots sliced thin
1 pound any cut up chicken with bone
2 chicken boullion cubes
(or substitute 8 cups chicken broth)
1/2 pound curly pasta
1 tspn salt
1/4 tspn black pepper
1/4 tspn crushed red pepper flakes
8 cups water

In a large soup pan on high heat add water, onion, garlic, boullion or broth, olive oil, and salt & pepper. When the liquid comes to a boil add the chicken and cook for about 20 min. Leave the broth on low heat and remove chicken and set aside to cool. At this point you can strain the liquid to remove the onion & garlic, but I like to keep it in for more flavor & texture. When the chicken is cooled, take the meat off the bone and cut into small pieces.


Put the soup back on high heat and the carrots, celery, pepper flakes,and pasta.
Let cook for about 10 minutes then add the cut up chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.( Don't over cook the pasta). Turn off heat, add parsley and stir.

When you serve the soup, add more parsley, pepper & pepper flakes if you like it spicy.

Enjoy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment